Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Here Ye, Here Me!

Ye Good Ole Renaissance!

Oh to go back for just a week! The sights, the sounds, the smells (well...some of the smells) the clothing, the music! I would love it.
In one of my classes, we're reading Dante's Divine Comedy.

What better way to get into the mood to read a Renaissance book, than to listen to Renaissance music? I have been listening to it nearly all day. I must say I love Renaissance music very much, though most of my friends- and sister- think I'm crazy because of that.
I found this AMAZING website where you can listen to about any type of music, and to my utter joy they had Renaissance music!

The songs that I highly recommend are: Cease Leaden Slumber Dreaming
When to her lute Corinna sings (I've memorized it and have sung it all day long), Soldier's Song (it's hilarious!), Come again sweet love doth now invite, Martin said to his man (it makes me think of Under the Greenwood Tree!), and Greensleeves.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

1 comment:

  1. thumbs up for renaissance music lover people. which would be me. and you.

    ReplyDelete