Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Amarillo

The week before last, was when we went to see the musical Texas. Whilst we waiting for the musical to begin, we took some pictures, looked around at our fellow audience members, and were having a pleasant time.

Alas, my happiness was shattered when my dear friend Rebecca dealt a terrible blow to my poor nerves. She had the audacity to raise the binoculars to her eyes, not to look out at the lovely Palo Duro Canyon as any normal person would, but into the audience around us! I could have died of mortification.

Suddenly, she jerked the binoculars from her eyes, sat straight forward, and was attempting to reign in her laughter.

She was peeking into the private goings-on of a particular group whose face-making brought Rebecca much entertainment. But the tables were turned when they spotted her! Thus Rebecca was now the one to bring entertainment to them and they laughed heartily at her. Serves her right. ;)

***

When we got back home, my papa told us they had caught another opossum. (Recently they've caught several of the sneaky creatures in their backyard) We scurried out back to see it, and whatdaya know? It's an adorable baby possum! About the size of a small rat, though in appearance it looked more like a mouse with over-grown ears. It was climbing up the side of the cage and it's pink tail curled around the cage wire. I was brave and touched it's tail- though I must say Maddy and Rebecca were appalled. The poor thing hissed at me, but it wasn't very scary.
(Note: This is not the same baby possum that was caught)

You can't tell me that isn't cute!

So after washing my hands (NO doubt) and after getting on our pajamas, we sat down to watch Bright Star. (SAD movie, made me cry!) A little ways into it, our papa came in and told us that the Animal Control people were coming soon to get the baby opossum. We were glad for the warning. Not long after the heads up, the doorbell rang, and George (their little Maltese dog), who was sitting right next to Rebecca's head, let out a surprisingly loud howl/bark. It sounded like a lady screaming. Rebecca screamed which scared me so I screamed and jumped into her lap, then Maddy screamed and George was still yapping loudly. You can imagine we looked pretty ridiculous. After our initial scare, we laughed so hard we were snorting.lol. I am quite certain that we made that poor critter-catchin' man's night...a bit more interesting. :)

Two days later our papa took us to Cadillac Ranch where anyone can spray paint the cars. we of course HAD to buy spray paint as well. It was fun, though I must say Maddy holds the talent for artistic ideas for painting on cars. (she was so good you'd think she'd decorated cars before. hmm...lol) Me and Rebecca were pretty clueless as what to do, so we just did our initials.

All together, it was a very fun time in Amarillo with our grandparents. Can't wait to go there again!

2 comments:

  1. PAHAHA! oh good, good times! :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you -- the Amarillo is cute. And we definitely don't have those in Ohio. ;)

    ReplyDelete