Friday, July 16, 2010

The Stars at Night are Big and Bright...

Yesterday was one of my best friend's Birthday party and around midnight, we got sleeping bags and blankets to lay out on her upstairs deck. We had brought a TV out there and watched a chick flick, then afterwards, we lay back looking at the stars. Even though we were in the suburbs, I was awed at how many stars brightly shone in the night sky! I don't know about you, but every time I lay back and watch the stars I feel so peaceful and close to God. Then I thought how the sky was like black fabric pulled over the heavens. Behind the fabric is Heaven and all the glory of God. And each star was a pinprick in that fabric, allowing a tiny hole to allow that Light to shine through. Then at the end of the world, when Jesus comes back in all His glory, and defeats Satan, that God will roll back the black fabric and we will behold Him Who Created heaven and earth. Makes me giddy with happiness to think of it, not to mention an amazing peace.

The heavens declare the glory of God; the sky proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech, night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language were their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the end of the world.

~ Psalm 19:1-4

4 comments: