Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Lovely Sunday Afternoon...The Perfect Time to Begin a Blog

I have finally been persuaded by my dear friend to begin a blog. This blog will be a conglomeration of my thoughts, bits of stories I write, favorite verses, poems and hymns, as well as what new project I'm working on or dreaming of. (for I frequently get swept away by new ideas) Since today is a beautiful Sunday, I think I'll begin with one of my most beloved hymns. It's an Ancient Irish hymn, and the music is an Irish folk melody.

Be Thou My Vision

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught all else to me, save that Thou art-
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy Presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thy my true word;
I ever with Thee and Thy with me Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son,
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise.
Thou my inheritance, now and always;
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still by my vision, O Ruler of all.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to blogging! it's soo much fun...just beware - you might get addicted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you started! Blogging is a lot of fun and you meet a lot of new friends. The best of luck!

    ReplyDelete