Monday, July 12, 2010

The Bonnie Blue Bonnet

Several months ago (truth be told, last year) I began a bonnet which i planned to wear to the Bonnie Blue Ball. Alas, it was not finished. Until recently, it's lain somewhat (not quite) forgotten in a dark corner of my room collecting dust (no joke) and now I've started working on it again.

This is the McCall's pattern I'm using. Last night and this morning I have been working on getting the piping juuuust right. I'm a real perfectionist when it comes to my sewing projects which can be rather frustrating. Now I'm working on the "crown" and for some reason it does not fit exactly how it should, even though I cut the fabric and the buckram the required length. Ach! So now I have to move back the second contrasting piping back further from the edge than called for. Like so...

Once I get the piping finished, I'm going to sew lace around the inside edge to frame the face. When that is finished and the crown and lining, I'm going to work on bending the wire into the right shape. For now it's just going to stay a bit bended.

2 comments: