Monday, April 25, 2011

Herbs Part 2- Garden Galore!

This past Saturday my family finally planted our garden. We're terribly late in planting it, but better late than never. Here are before and after pictures of my herbs, and the vegetable/fruit garden.

This was when the rosemary was blooming.

Its obvious what this herb is.

Sweet Marjoram

The first kind of lavender we got

Sage

German Thyme (my favorite because its adorable tiny leaves...)

Sweet Basil

I know its not an herb, but I couldn't resist! I consider it my pet.
Irish Moss



Here's the second kind of lavender I got

    Bell Pepper

Watermelon

Strawberries (note the little white flower!)

These we got a week later. I nearly died with happiness when I found these two below!
    Rue

Apple Mint
 (Earlier in the day before I found this, I sort of despaired of ever finding Apple Mint around where we lived and Viola! I found some shoved in a corner of the produce store, looking like they were about to die. But I saved one!)

Here's my apple mint planted on the back porch [I took your advice Grace! :) ]

This is the area I planned on planting some of my herbs, right by the overgrown rosemary bush, and the pitiful magnolia stick (not much of a tree is it...?)
Before

And After!

And this is part of the aboveground garden with the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber plant, squash, cantaloupe, watermelon and strawberry plants.

 I'm thrilled to pieces about it and cannot wait until we actually get to eat something from the garden!

1 comment:

  1. Love, Morgan! You're gonna have to help me plant a garden this summer. Our yard is in desperate need of flowers. Preferably yellow ones. :)

    ReplyDelete