Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dancing The Night Away

I'm so excited I could burst!! Tonight is the 4th Annual Home school Cotillion of Joy Christian Academy! I found my dress last Saturday! It's a black dress that ties around the neck. Then it has a waistband at my natural waistline, from there the fabric flows down and reaches down to the middle of my knees. The skirt material is...how to describe it... permanently pressed pleats?? or crinkled material?  It looks a lot prettier than I've currently described it, believe me, or I would certainly decline going to the dance!
The shoes, unfortunately, took a LOT longer to find than the dress. Altogether, we went to about 15 stores, really and truly that many stores. Not ONE had my dream shoes- bright blue, smaller heels, simple in the design- but I finally went for some red heels.I think every girl should own at least one pair of red high heels, so I think I should celebrate!  :)
   And what to do with my hair? After being persuaded by my mother and sister, my hair is going half up-half down. Last night we tried hot rollers, since I was aiming for a soft curl, not a Shirley Temple curl that most girls do. The hot rollers didn't work too well. One side of my head flipped lovely-ish, while the other side looked like my hair had been attacked by a raccoon. Although I don't know what that would really look like, I'm imagining that's pretty darn close to what my hair looked like last night. So I'm going to be ridiculous this evening and try the hot rollers again, even after the failure of last night. Cross your fingers AND toes for me-I'm going to need it. If my hair curls right, I'm going to either make a poof and leave some wisps down and curl them to frame my face, OR A twisty-braid thing that goes across the top with the rest of my hair down.
        Then after the dance, Maddy, some other friends and I are going to spend the night at a friend's house.  We're each going to buy a small pint of our favorite flavor of ice cream, bring movies, and stay in the camper they have so all of us girls can giggle and talk late. SUCH a fun time we're going to have!
I'll post pictures as soon as possible!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh!! Your dress and hair sounds lovely, and I hope your hair turns out well! :)

    I went to my 2nd historical ball last month--I love dancing (although, I'm not that great at it, I'm afraid)!
    I have straight, thick hair and to curl it, I use lotsa sponge rollers. They usually work fairly well. :)

    Can't wait to see the pictures!

    Blessings,
    Moriah

    ReplyDelete