Tuesday, May 24, 2011

So Summer Begins

The bright and hot sun, sand between your toes, adventures abounding, briny water, cool breezes, roaring waves pounding the surf, ukulele to be strummed, songs to be sung ..where on earth could this be? FLORIDA! :D
Yes, I am here. The 13 hour drive is definitely worth it. Though we certainly had a time getting here! To make the drive go by faster this year, my Mother read aloud The Help to us. We were about an hour from our destination, mom reading from the book again, and we were so enthralled in the plot of the book that we missed our exit! We realized it WAY too late, so it took us an extra hour. Then we got stuck in traffic for about two more hours. God obviously had another plan for us than being on time...
Finally arrived and began unloading our car. We couldn’t find a trolley-thing on our level to put the heavy bags on, so Dad went off looking for one, Mom was at the car getting things out, and Maddy and I had already lugged things in the condo room. I was waiting for Maddy so we could get back to the car, and suddenly a LOUD screech rang in our room. I looked about confusedly, and the same noise rang again. And again. That’s when I realized HECK, THAT'S THE FIRE ALARM!! I mean, really? Are you kidding me? We just got here and the building and everything is going to burn up?! I opened our room door to find that whole building’s alarms were going off and people were pouring out of the rooms. I yelled at Maddy to get the room key. She took her precious time and I’m like HURRY UP BEFORE WE DIE! Turns out it was some problem with the fire sprinklers going off in room 613. (Bad luck anyone? lol) Once everything was settled, Maddy and I passed a firefighter with movie-star good looks, who thankfully had no fires to fight. Talk about an eventful beginning to our vacation!
After unpacking, we headed down to the beach and enjoyed the lovely evening. That’s my favorite time to be on the beach. It’s not too bright or hot, there’s a cool breeze sweeping across the beach, the waves crash against the sand, and there aren't gobs of people. Talk about relaxing! 
Saturday evening was when we first got here. Surprisingly and oh-so-thankfully, I have not gotten a head-to-toe, red-as-a-lobster burn as I usually do. (Excluding my feet and one ear)
        Here are a few pictures from last year, and the year before. Same beach, same lovely waters! 
        We call him Ol' Salty. Yes, that is a genuine pipe. Isn't that FABULOUS?!
 

  Here is the grand view.


~Wish you were here~


No comments:

Post a Comment