Monday, February 28, 2011

Herbs Part 1


Herbs. There's something relaxing about the word.
 Maybe it's becuase we think of curling up with a cup of warm herbal tea on a rainy day or we remember the relaxing smell of lavender used in lotions and soaps.
Well I can think of nothing more pleasant than to write about herbs on after a long, tiring day.
These herbs below are a few ones I'm interested in planting in a small herb garden this spring.

Tansy


Chamomile 
(This is the German Chamomile. I'm partial to the Roman, since its supposedly sweeter...)

Marjoram


Lavender


Passionflower
(believe it or not, this is considered an herb!)

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. You really *must* plant some mint too- it's easy to grow, very hardy, and excellent as tea or used in cooking. Although I do warn you- you need to plant it in a separate pot: it spreads like crazy! You should try rosemary as well!

    Love your blog, Lady, and am following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Grace! Oooh, I can't wait to try that now! Thank you! And haha, we actually have two overgrown bushes of rosemary and I just love them. :)
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete